Friday, July 12, 2013

Mission Possible - Rev. Laura's Summary

The theme for this year’s Mission Possible week was “Love in Action” – taken from 1 John 3:16-18.  Whether cleaning the stalls at a therapeutic riding center, making sandwiches for the homeless shelter, helping day laborers perfect a new skill, decorating housewarming gifts for future Habitat for Humanity homeowners, leading crafts at a senior home, playing charades at a senior assisted living community, or working in our own St. Anne’s food pantry, we put our love in action by sharing our time and talents with others in our greater community.  The Mission Possible campers were witnesses to Christ’s love through their joy, laughter, sweat, support, encouragement, kindness, patience, and care for others. They have truly practiced and know what it means to go in peace to love and serve God and their neighbors. 

Here is what some of the kids had to say:

“Mission Possible is the best camp ever because I learned that since we are the body of Christ, we should do what Jesus set out to do, which is to serve the world.  I have learned that volunteering may sometimes be challenging, but in the end, it helps the world more than anything else.”

“I liked Mission Possible Camp because I met new people and made new friends.  I liked to help these people and see the smile on their faces when we left.  I can’t wait to start doing some volunteering on my own.”

“I liked Mission Possible because I got to help people in need of it and also had fun doing it.”

“I liked Mission Possible because we get to serve others and have fun and connect with God all at the same time!”

“Mission Possible Camp was really fun because I got to make new friends, help the community, and love God.”

“I met so many new people and friends and I loved volunteering in the community.  It was so much fun and I’m glad I came.  On the first day I really didn’t want to come, and on the last I wished it wasn’t ending!”


No comments: